The Ball Mauler 2
Join us Saturday April 13, 2013 for the second running of The Ball Mauler. Last year was a blast, so we are having another go at it. This is officially an unofficial and unsupported ride. Meet at Kelly’s French Bakery. We roll out at 8:00 am. The full Ball Mauler is around 71 miles and over 10,ooo feet of climbing. If you want to ride a portion, there are multiple bailout options along the route.
Mark you calendar and tell you friends. Contact us with questions.
Below is the approximate route with mileage and elevation gain, so you can plan how much of the ride you want to do:
1) Kelly’s Bakery up Western up Empire Grade to the top of Jamison Rd: 17.5 miles/2,900ft
2) Down Jamison to Hwy 236 and back up 6mis (then ride Empire Grade Rd south to the top of Alba 4mis): 10 miles/1,600ft
3) Down Alba Rd to Hwy 9 and back up 7.4mis (ride Empire Grade Rd south to the top of Pine Flat Rd 1.9mis): 8.3 miles/2,200ft
4) Down Pine Flat & Bonny Doon to Hwy 1 and back up 14.8mis (ride Empire Grade Rd south to the top of Felton Empire 1.8mis): 16.6 miles/2,100ft
5) Down Felton Empire to Hwy 9 and back up 7.2mis (ride Empire Grade Rd to Santa Cruz Mountain Brewery 9.8mis): 17 miles/1,600ft
10,000+ feet of climbing